Purchasing is created for a procurement process. It will ensure the supply of materials or services to add/repair/replace inside a building or a unit issued from an Inspection or Maintenance.
In order to proceed for a Purchase/Work order with a vendor or the internal team, the following steps need to be followed:
Step 1: Settings
1. Add a vendor: To address your order, you might need to link to a vendor. This vendor can be already in your list. If he is not in your list, you will have add him first.
=> Click to HERE learn how to add a vendor
2. Approval Policy: Any request for Purchasing needs to be approved by one or a few members from your organization.
=> Click HERE to learn how to define the Approval Policy
Step 2: Requisition
A Requisition is an official order laying claim to the use of services or materials. Once approved, It will allow you to generate a Purchase Order for the vendors and a Work Order for the internal team.
Requisitions are initially created in Draft status and can be modified (cost, assignment to the vendors/internal team, schedule etc. ). Once all the changes are done, Requisition should be finalized and submitted for approval.
You can choose 3 types of Requisition:
1. Purchase Requisitions: It concerns requests for ONE building. A Purchase Requisition will generate multiple Purchase Order and/or a Work Order.
Click HERE to learn how to create a Purchase Requisition.
2. Contract Requisitions: It concerns requests for multiple buildings and is on a long-term service. A Contract Requisition will generate Purchase Order ONLY.
Click HERE to learn how to create a Contract Requisition.
3. Recurring Requisitions: It concerns requests for a specific vendors and has a repeated frequency. A Contract Requisition will generate Purchase Order ONLY.
Click HERE to learn how to create a Recurring Requisition.
Step 3: Proceed with the Order
1. Purchase Order
Purchase Orders will be generated once a Requisition has been created previously. A Purchase Order is an official document requesting services or materials to a Vendor.
Important note: The system does not allow changes to Purchase Orders. In order to modify an existing Purchase Order, a new version of the Requisition has to be created and approved.
Click HERE to learn how to create a Purchase Order.
2. Work Order
Work Orders will be generated once a Requisition has been created previously. A Work Order is an official document requesting services to the internal team.
Important note: There are no Work Orders for Contract and Recurring Requisitions.
Click HERE to learn how to create a Work Order.
Step 4: Expenses
The Expense needs to be generated after a Purchase Order.
Click HERE to learn how to generate an Expense