You can add and manage vendors within Property Vista. This step-by-step guide will help you create or update existing vendors.
FOR YARDI USERS ONLY: Once your Yardi integration is configured, your vendor data should be transferred into Property Vista. If you click on a vendor, you will see that certain fields are locked and not changeable. If fields are locked, changes to those fields must be made in Yardi, not Property Vista. If you do not see any vendors, please contact your Customer Success Manager so that purchasing can be configured for your organization.
- Go to Organization → Vendors.
- To update an existing vendor, select the vendor → Edit. To create a new vendor click +New Vendor.
- Update or fill out the following fields under the General tab if necessary:
- Billing Address: Update the current billing address here.
- Mailing Address: Update the current mailing address here.
- Requires PO: If the Requires PO field is checked, when a vendor sends an expense to you that you want to be entered in Property Vista, the expense must have an associated PO or the system will not allow you to save.
- WorkSafe Expiration Date: In this field, you can adjust the date that the vendor’s WorkSafe insurance is expiring. If you would like to make WorkSafe Insurance mandatory for your vendors, visit this article HERE. After determining the date of expiry, you are encouraged to add insurance certifications in the Notes (This button is available to you when you save).
- Insurance Expiration Date: In this field, you can adjust the date that the vendor’s 3rd party insurance is expiring. If you would like to make 3rd party Insurance mandatory for your vendors, visit this article HERE. Again, add a certification in the notes button if necessary.
- Term: The term determines the number of days that you have before you must pay a vendor for work completed. For example, if the bill date is the first of September, and the bill due date is 30 days later, set the term Net 30. Note that if this is left empty, the bill is due upon receipt. If you want to set a term amount that is not in the dropdown menu, visit this article HERE on how to configure a custom vendor term amount.
- Suspension Date: The date in which the vendor is suspended from.
- Restrict Access To Selected Services checkbox: you restrict your vendors to only work on certain services. For example, if you have a vendor that only ever completes painting services in your building, you can restrict them with this checkbox. Before adding a service, you can filter by the Expense type: Contract; you are then shown all services that are eligible for contract requisitions. Only vendors that are restricted to contract services will be applicable.
- Restrict Access To Selected Buildings and Portfolios checkbox: you restrict this vendor to only the buildings and portfolios that you want them to have access to.
5. Update or add contact and their information under the Contacts tab → + Add.
NOTE: When a purchase order is generated by the system, the vendor’s primary contact will be the one who is contacted and given the purchase order.
6. Click Save.