Correspondence to your tenants should come directly from you, the Property Management Company. If you have purchased the full communication suite you have the option of configuring emails to come from you.
This step-by-step guide helps you configure the email so correspondence to your tenants comes from you.
Step 1: Complete the survey in the link bellow:
Be ready to provide the following information:
1. The domain name you wish to use: ie., @PMCNAME.com
2. Sending Email Address and Name:
- ie., no-reply@PMCNAME.com or info@PMCNAME.com
- Name: PMC NAME or PMC RESIDENT PORTAL
3. ADMIN's email address to send confirmation email to for initial DNS configuration
Step 2: Set up the following with your service provider:
NOTE: If you are adding to an already existing domain that is being used for tenant or interoffice communication, we recommend to make these changes on the weekend or off-peak hours as the changes can take 24 hours to register. We strongly recommend you check your existing domains to ensure no further conflict exists.
1. DKIM Settings (CLICK HERE FOR MORE HELP)
DKIM is a DNS-based email authentication mechanism that effectively allows Property Vista to send mail on your behalf by allowing receivers to verify that we have permission to send your email. To enable DKIM, create a TXT record with the following value:
HOST: mandrill._domainkey.INSERTYOURDOMAIN.com (replace insert your domain with the domain you are trying to set up).
Note: Some Providers will only need mandrill._domainkey as the HOST.
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB;
Some DNS providers require that semicolons be escaped. If your provider requires escaping, use this TXT value instead:
v=DKIM1\; k=rsa\; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCrLHiExVd55zd/IQ/J/mRwSRMAocV/hMB3jXwaHH36d9NaVynQFYV8NaWi69c1veUtRzGt7yAioXqLj7Z4TeEUoOLgrKsn8YnckGs9i3B3tVFB+Ch/4mPhXWiNfNdynHWBcPcbJ8kjEQ2U8y78dHZj1YeRXXVvWob2OaKynO8/lQIDAQAB\;
2. SPF Settings
I do not have yet an SPF Records:
If you don't yet have an SPF record, you'll want to add one for your domain. At a minimum, the value should be the following if you're only sending mail through Mandrill for that domain:
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
I have already an SPF Records:
If you already have a TXT record with SPF information, you'll need to add Mandrill's servers to that record by adding include:spf.mandrillapp.com in the record (before the last operator, which is usually ?all, ~all, or -all).
SPF is another DNS-based email authentication mechanism. If you don't yet have an SPF record (Very unlikely), you'll want to add one for your domain. At a minimum, the value should be the following if you're only sending mail through Property Vista for that domain:
v=spf1 include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all
3. List of various hosting and DNS Providers
Many hosting providers offer CPanel to manage your domain. CPanel instructions are often similar among hosts that offer this option.
DKIM record typically escaped automatically.
The 'name' of your DKIM recordshouldbe
mandrill._domainkey.yourdomain.comwhere yourdomain.com is replaced by the domain name where you're adding the record. Most hosts that utilize cPanel don't automatically add the domain name to the end of the record name.
|Amazon Route 53||
Route 53 console
Route 53 API
|DKIM record escaped automatically.|
|DNS Made Easy||
DNS Made Easy
|The 'Value' field where you enter the content for each record must be enclosed in quotes.|
|The 'data' field where you enter the value for each record must be enclosed in double quotes.|
Plesk Panel 9
Plesk Panel 10
Note: If your host or DNS provider doesn't appear here, contact their customer support or help files for more information. Each host may handle the adding or editing of records differently, so your host's technical support or documentation is the best resource for any limitations or formatting specific to that provider.
Once you've added the appropriate DNS records, it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to take full effect. If there's an error validating your records, you can view the error details in Mandrill for additional information. There are also some third-party resources you can use to check your records or for other details if needed:
Check the SPF validator here. Just enter your domain name in the first text box and click Get SPF Record (if any) for a diagnostic of your SPF records.
- Check whether your DKIM record is valid using the DKIMCore validator. Enter
mandrillas the selector and your domain name.
- The SPF validator looks for a TXT record with the appropriate SPF information. If your domain has an SPF type record, it's best to add a matching TXT record for compatibility.
- If you already have an SPF record, edit that record instead of adding a new one. The specs for SPF require that there only be one TXT record with SPF information.
- If you've added the DKIM record and are still seeing that it's missing, your DNS provider may require the record be formatted differently. The DKIM record Mandrill provides has semicolons escaped with a backslash, so the record starts with this:
and ends like this:
- Some DNS providers don't require semicolons be escaped. If you're seeing issues, try removing the backslashes right before semicolons at the beginning and end of the record.
- Some DNS providers take longer than others to publish and push the record. If you're adding a completely new record, those often validate within 10-15 minutes. Changing records can take longer, but can vary based on your DNS provider and TTL for the record.
Step 3. Add Auto-Reply to the provided email address (ie., no-reply@PMCNAME.com)
Step 4: Forward Confirmation Email to <>@Propertyvista.com
You will be receiving a confirmation email from MANDRILL. This email will need to be forwarded to Property Vista to complete the setup. Check your SPAM folder if you did not receive this. The email will look like this: